New homeowners ask, does my home in Sugar Hill have mold?
- Any home can have mold. Because Georgia's climate is known for heavy humidity and moisture, mold naturally follows. There are many ways moisture can enter your Sugar Hill home. What can you do before calling the R4 quick responce team? You can do a general review of areas in your house that might allow moisture in. Look over the four items below.
1) If you have a crawl space or basement in you Sugar Hill residence, check for cracks in the foundation. If your house is on a slab, check with the builder to see if they used a plasic vapor barrier as required by counry building code.
2) Check all gutters. Ensure the water runs away from the foundation.
3) Make sure the grading on your Sugar Hill home slopes away from the house.
4) Check around each window in your home to make sure there are now air leaks.
When you find excessive moisture or mold in your Sugar Hill home, what should you do?
Call R4Clean to schedule a mold inspection.
Before you call a mold inspector in Sugar Hill, make sure you should know the answers to the following 4 questions.
Do mold inspectors charge a flat rate fee for any Sugar Hill Home?
Answer: NO - A mold inspection is a service based on the time it takes to inspect your Sugar Hill home. The smaller the square footage the smaller the inspection fee. However if sheetrock walls need to be removed for an inspection, then the cost could be greater. Call to R4 and we can give you a general cost, based on answering a few basic questions about your Sugar Hill property.
How much does a mold inspection cost?
The average, mold inspection costs $290 to $410 for Sugar Hill homes with less than 3,800 square feet. Above 3,800 square feet, the cost can increase to $550 or or more. These costs do not include testing, removal or remediation of the mold and excessive moisture.
Is a mold inspection the same as a ordinary home inspector?
ANSWER: NO - A mold inspector will need to have access to restricted areas to inspect HVAC ducts and other areas. In some cases, if mold is found, the mold inspector may need your permission to remove parts of walls for additional inspection of your home.
Is the company preforming the mold inspection qualified?
Answer: Find a contractor with specialized experience in mold inspections and remediation. Ask if they are an IICRC Certified company, that employ technicians who, after study, field experience and passing comprehensive exams, have received IICRC certifications in specific cleaning, restoration and inspection categories. Does the company handle odor removal, mold remediation, water damage, fire damage restoration? If they do the work also, they will be better equipted to inspect your Sugar Hill residence.
Once your Sugar Hill property has been inspected for mold by a accredited company, what is next?
If the mold examination finds mold in your home, the next step is to prepare a remediation plan. This begins with removing the source of the moisture in your Sugar Hill home that’s allowing the mold to grow. Failure to remove the moisture, will result in the mold grow back. Hard surfaces should be scrubbed and washed with the proper chemical. Soft surfaces may need to be replaced, if they have mold embedded.
can Mold Removal be done as a do-it-yourself project for your Sugar Hill dwelling?
In most cases NO. Common household cleaners cannot completely eliminate spores, so relying on them can lead to the spread of mold to other areas of your property. Be aware that household cleaners can exacerbate mold growth. Our team of trained mold remediation specialists at R4Clean will identify the source of mold growth and perform the proper removal of the hazardous material, ensuring that your property is safe and indoor air quality is healthy. For expert, professional mold removal, call R4Clean today (404) 428-1255.
R4Clean has a track record of superior service and respose to customers in Sugar Hill and many other communities in Georgia. The cities we serve in this market are: