Turn to R4 for the Best Mold removal in Buford.
- Any home can have mold. Georgia climate is known for heavy humidity and moisture. With moisture, comes mold. There are many ways moisture can enter your Buford residence. What can you do before calling an R4 professional? You can do a general review of areas in your house that might allow moisture in. Review the four items below.
1) If you have a basement or crawl space in you Buford home, check for cracks in the foundation. If your house is on a slab, ask the builder if they used a plasic vapor barrier as required by counry building code.
2) Make sure the grading on your Buford home slopes away from the house before you close.
3) Check all gutters. Ensure the water runs away from the foundation.
4) Check all windows in your home to make sure there are now air leaks.
What should you do if you find excessive humidity getting into your Buford home?
Call R4 to schedule a mold inspection.
Before you call a mold inspector in Buford, you should know the answers to the following 4 questions.
Do mold inspectors charge a flat rate fee for any Buford Home?
Answer: NO - A mold inspection is a service based on the time it takes to inspect your Buford home. The smaller the square footage the smaller the inspection fee. However if sheetrock walls need to be removed for an inspection, then the cost could be greater. Call to R4 and we can give you a general cost, based on answering a few basic questions about your Buford property.
Is a mold inspection the same as a ordinary home inspector?
ANSWER: NO - A mold inspector will need to have access to restricted areas to inspect HVAC ducts and other areas. In some cases the mold inspector may need your permission to remove parts of walls for additional inspection of your home.
How much does a mold inspection cost?
The average, mold inspection costs $300 to $400 for Buford homes with less than 4,000 square feet. Above 4,000 square feet, the cost can increase to $600 or or more. These costs do not include testing, removal or remediation of the mold.
Does it matter if the company is qualified to inspec for mold?
Answer: YES. Find a contractor with specialized experience in mold inspections and remediation. Ask if they are an IICRC Certified company, that employ technicians who, after study, field experience and passing comprehensive exams, have received IICRC certifications in specific cleaning, restoration and inspection categories such as upholstery, wood flooring, stone and tile flooring, odor removal, mold remediation, water damage, fire damage restoration and more.
Once your Buford residence has been inspected for mold by an accredited company, what is the next step?
If the mold examination finds mold in your residence, the next step is to prepare a remediation plan. This begins with removing the source of the moisture that’s allowing the mold to grow. Failure to remove the moisture, will result in the mold grow back. Hard surfaces should be scrubbed and washed. Soft surfaces may need to be replaced, if they have mold embedded.
Mold Removal, can it be done as a do-it-yourself project for my Buford home?
In most cases NO. Be aware that household cleaners can exacerbate mold growth. Common household cleaners cannot completely eliminate spores, so relying on them can lead to the spread of mold to other areas of your property. Our team of trained mold remediation specialists will identify the source of mold growth and perform proper removal of the hazardous material, ensuring that your property is safe and indoor air quality is healthy. For best, professional mold removal, call R4Clean today (404) 428-1255.